Capstone Simulations for Fixed Income Securities
Jointly Developed with Prof M Kannadhasan, IIM Raipur
Warm greetings and best wishes from the EquityLevers Team!
We introduce a new way to learn finance skills - "by doing". Our online personalized finance lab, www.equitylevers.com, provides real-time simulations in MS excel for a wide range of finance subjects using data from real companies and situations. A logical extension to textbooks and videos for real practice so that work skills could be developed alongside the knowledge. The simulations are designed by senior practitioner's having considerable experience in corporates and by professors at the Indian Institutes of Management.
Our Simulations for Teaching/ Testing Skills in Fixed Income securities
We are happy to introduce first of a kind, real data enabled excel based simulations to develop skills in the area of fixed income securities. These simulations have been developed under the guidance of Prof M Kannadhasan, IIM Raipur.
As fixed-income securities markets are much larger than equity markets, a better understanding is essential for all finance aspirants. We use the real time spot rates obtained from the CCIL website. The simulations under this subject aim to make participants familiar with the concepts of bond mathematics and the application of the same in real life. Explore the basics of a bond, relationship between bond price and yield, pricing, measuring risk and managing the bond portfolio. Simulations have been set from basic to advanced level.
We thank Prof M Kannadhasan for his guidance especially in bringing out the deep nuances of pricing, valuing, and measuring the risk of fixed income securities into these simulations.
Thank you for reading about our innovative initiative to bring experiential learning to students and candidates. More information is available at www.equitylevers.com. We offer special pricing for Institutions. Talk to us at email@example.com
Our future newsletters will focus on experiences with real time simulations in other subjects like accounting, financial analysis, valuations, modelling, fixed income, Investments, derivatives etc. Join us
Key Features of Capstone Simulations
Key highlights of our Simulations are as follows:
1. Each simulation is built around the practical examples so one can directly apply the knowledge on the job. The projects are set to move up from basic level to advanced level.
2. The simulations are required to be solved by candidates and “learn by doing”.
3. A host of features are available to provide personalization to each candidate and also prevent copying (and ensure every candidate solves the simulation).
4. We also provide study material and video recording of solutions for similar live projects. The idea is to show how it is done and then enable them to solve it. For students who do not have excel skills, and excel primer was also provided.
5. Usage: Students can self assign our certifications (a set of simulations) and Professors, trainers and recruiters can assign our certifications as tests and as certifications
How does the Simulation work
Students down load a simulation as a password controlled excel workbook. At the time of download, real time data of a listed company is downloaded from our live terminal. Student has to solve and provide answers in the solution work sheet. Based on answers, a scoring mechanism scores students answers and computations. The structure of the simulation is designed to depict a corporate work situation.